The Inquisition House

  • warning: array_map(): Argument #2 should be an array in /var/www/clients/client0/web6/web/modules/system/system.module on line 1050.
  • warning: array_keys() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given in /var/www/clients/client0/web6/web/includes/theme.inc on line 1845.
  • warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /var/www/clients/client0/web6/web/includes/theme.inc on line 1845.

The popularly known as the “Inquisition House” is a beautiful construction from the 16th century, that accommodates in its artistic facade the coats of arms of the families of the village linked to the Holy Office: (from the left to the right) Puga, García Gamba, Bahamonde, Holy Office and Mosquera-Sandoval. The most important figure of the Inquisition in the village was Mr Pedro Vázquez de Puga, whose beautiful Renaissance sepulchre lies in St. Domingos church. This house was the see of the Holy Office in charge of watching over the fulfilment of the catholic Faith.