Escudo de Ribadavia
Impresion Enviar a un amigo Guardar en PDF

City Council and Bell Tower

It was built between the years 1545-1555 and was used as meeting place of the Counsel of the Village. The façade was covered in the 19th century. The old building still keeps today the tower formed by 3 superimposed corps; it has the old Coats of Arms of the village and the windup clock dating from 1902. The iron-cut artistic belly tower is also eye-catching for the visitors.

The wine regulations of Ribadavia were drawn up in the "casa consistorial” in the 16th century, being the precursor of the actual Spanish Law regarding Wine Control Boards.

Izquierda Derecha